The raw ingredients:
The finished product:
Sorry, I’m still working on photography.
In any case the food which is good!
I made a simple calamari dish which is comprised of butter, garlic, and parsley. Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste as well. You cook it about 5 minutes max. It’s really easy!!
This dish consisted of:
- 1 1/2 lbs of Calamari — bodies sliced in thirds and tentacles whole
- 2 tbls butter (you can go with more—even a lot more especially if you put this over pasta)
- Parsley—the whole big mass of parsley in the picture chopped up (I go for lots of parsley–it’s an incredibly healthy herb that is very high in nutrients–but some may want to use about half the amount of parsley I used. I personally try to maximize nutritional value in my food)
- Garlic—again I go very heavy on garlic, you do as you like!
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Melt butter in pan. Add chopped or pressed garlic and saute until very just shy of being browned.
Throw in the parsley and the calamari, salt and pepper at a high temperature and cover.
Cook at medium high for about 5 minutes. Stirring after about 3 minutes and covering again.
Do not overcook! Overcooked calamari can become unpleasantly rubbery!
Should make a nice, tasty broth which you can put over rice or pasta or eat it by itself in it’s soupy delight.