Festive winter root veggies
I found the recipe that inspired this dish from Dr. Weil . I pretty much did exactly what he suggested but I only used some of the veggies he suggested. I didn’t include potatoes, as I accidentally used all of them for the potato soup I made and then I forgot the carrots.
The yellow veggie is a beet. I didn’t use red beets.
This is what I did:
- 2 turnips
- 5 small parsnips
- 1 super large golden beet
- 1 very large red onion cut into 6 large pieces and divided up some
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 12 cloves of garlic (which I cooked with the veggies from beginning to end unlike Weil’s recipe)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
I mixed everything but the balsamic up at the beginning and then roasted the whole thing in a roasting pan. I added the balsamic towards the end of the roasting time. I’m sorry but I didn’t notice how long it took, maybe and hour or an hour and a half.
I’ve been cooking lots of new things but posting old stuff because cooking is taking all my time. Soon I will have a whole slew of new stuff to post. Just got to get down to doing the posts.