Thanksgiving dinner for two
I’ve not posted in a very long time. I’ve got nothing to say for myself.
This was our Thanksgiving day meal:
- Turkey, slow roasted, all night long, with sage, butter and rosemary.
- Cranberry sauce with apple, orange, raisins and ginger. (no sugar added and very YUM)
- Pseudo stuffing made with quinoa, amaranth, celery, garlic, butter, apple and walnuts.
- Roasted potatoes (for Paul…I don’t eat the tubers though I do have fond memories of them cooked like this: rosemary, garlic, olive oil)
- Mixed green salad with lots of arugula
- And a pumpkin pie (100% from scratch)
Yeah…it’s over…had to do it early as I don’t last long…as it was I pulled off an amazing feat…and actually had fun doing it…a holiday miracle…
I’m an Italian mother even when there is no one to mother!
It was just me and my husband…we’ll have leftovers for days.